I believe in transparency and that you want to know a few things about your coach. You may want to know that I am an ACE (American Council on Exercise) certified health coach and that I have hours and hours of training to be a helpful resource for you. In order to avoid a melodramatic biography, I will tell you my top 10 faves (that's favorites for those who are not fluent in abbreviations).
- Learning- I attended Taylor University in Upland, Indiana to major in psychology, but the textbook knowledge was not the most important thing I learned there. The professors tried to instill a desire to be a "life long learner". I am intensely curious and research a variety of topics for fun. We live in a fascinating world, and I doubt that I will ever stop learning about it.
- Stillness - Yes, I promote movement and productivity, but only after stillness. You may join me in enjoying meditation, prayer, thankfulness, relaxed daydreaming, or fake napping. It is critical to make time to be alone with your thoughts, relax, and be kind to yourself. I love to look outside, teacup in hand, until I have finished my tea. Stillness is how I keep from becoming a crazy lady.
- Green Smoothies - My vegetable drinks have often been called "pond scum" and "garden water", but the strange colors do not keep me from enjoying the way these green juices make me feel. A good green smoothie is energizing, alkalizing, and about as healthful as you can get. To see my guide, read my recipe blog or click here.
- Psychology - You may agree that as a senior in high school, it was difficult to know what career path to take. I was so interested in the mind and in helping people that counseling seemed like the best choice. I realized early on in my life that I could leverage psychology to create my life as I wanted it to be and explain why people are the way they are. There is nothing I would rather do than coach others into their best lives using psychology.
- People - This seems obvious, as few would admit to not liking people. My worldview compels me to genuinely cherish all different types of people and appreciate their uniqueness. If I believe that humans are created in the image of God, then my natural response is to treat others with respect, awe, and deep love. I tend to be introverted, but that does not change the fact that I truly love people and am blessed to spend time with them.
- Cooking - The kitchen is one of the places I feel most alive. If I need to get into a better mood or just add some enjoyment to my day, I make a dish or chop up some veggies. Food is one of our basic needs, but not all foods are as life giving as others. I truly enjoy the task of creating meals with the best, most alive, real, simple foods that will make the body happy.
- Travel - Packing and unpacking are common rituals in my house. I love going on adventures and seeing new places. I seem to collect beautiful views, and each one is a new opportunity to thank the Creator of gorgeous sunsets and consistent tides. There is much to learn from the sight of dilapidated castles on green hills and the smell of coffee in a street side café. I am always up for enjoying new experiences on this weird and wonderful planet.
- Goals - Big or small, goals are how I get things done. I have learned how to set really good, achievable goals that make me engaged in the process of making dreams a reality. Life is a journey, and this is how I stay positive and excited along the way. I can't wait to teach you how to put goals to work for you.
- Sore Muscles - I don't go to the gym to check out boys, I go to improve my physique and be enlivened by movement. I smile the next day when I am sore because I have associated that uncomfortable feeling with a sense of achievement and that is reason for celebration!
- Chocolate - Yes, your coach craves chocolate. I tell you this for two reasons. One, I am not a perfect eater and I make a way to have some of my guilty pleasures. Two, I love the phrase, "it's the little things". Chocolate is an example of one of those little things in life that makes me smile. I never want to sacrifice enjoyment of the little things because I am too busy. You only live once, and I intend to do a good job of it!
I would love to hear about your top faves. Let's chat!
Kaitlin is a Certified Health Coach, Hypnotherapist, author, and advocate for joyful living. She is passionate about helping others live their best lives through healthy thinking, personal development strategies, and proper nutrition. Kaitlin received her B.A. in Psychology from Taylor University, and is now a Certified Health Coach through The American Council on Exercise. She has extensively studied the art and science of hypnosis, being mentored by a renowned hypnotist. During a typical session with Kaitlin, she creates a safe space with a nonjudgmental listening ear, gently raises questions to uncover root issues, works with you to overcome obstacles, and you always leave with clear action steps. Most recently, Kaitlin published “The Secret to Your Best Life in 10 Minutes a Day: A Guided Journal”. She offers 1:1 health coaching, life coaching, & hypnotherapy, as well as group programs.