Many of my favorite desserts are born out of my personal cannots. I do not eat dairy, refined sugars, gluten, or weird fake ingredients. Most pudding mixes and recipes are not things I would want to put in my body. This pudding is excellent on its own or paired with fruit. I made this for my boyfriend a few months ago and he leaned over the bowl so he could shovel it in his mouth faster. It's that good. This recipe is surprisingly nutritious AND easy. There is very little prep work, but you do need some soak time.
- Heaping 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 3/4 cup raw cashews (unsalted is best, if you only have salted rinse well)
- 3 cups coconut or almond milk
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or real maple syrup
- 2 vanilla beans or 4 T quality vanilla extract
- pinch of salt if using unsalted cashews
Mix cashews, chia, and milk in a bowl, making sure chia seeks sink, and let soak overnight or at least 30 minutes.
Combine all ingredients in a blender and process. The pudding will thicken in the fridge but can be enjoyed right away.