It’s apple season - let's take advantage of the low apple prices and whip up this simple crowd-pleaser. This is a recipe that is hard to mess up.
You will need:
· A crock pot
· As many apples as you can fit in it
· Juice of ½ lemon
· (Optional) Cinnamon stick or powder
· (Optional) Brown sugar if you are a sugar addict
1. Wash apples
2. Peel the apples if desired – If I am making this for my household, I save myself a lot of time and skip the peeling. It adds fiber which makes the applesauce more filling.
3. De-core and chop each apple and toss into the crockpot along with the optional cinnamon stick and sweetener only if you have picky eaters. I don’t find sweetener necessary.
4. Cook for 2.5 hours on high or 5 hours on low, stirring occasionally while the apples break down.
5. Remove cinnamon stick and enjoy warm or cool. Try sprinkling cinnamon on top to serve.
I’d love to hear what you think!